Saturday, August 1, 2009

Sexual harrassment?

i am 17 years old. I work in an office but the company also has a factory attached. a guy worked out in the factory but also had business to do inside of the office. this man is 36. this guy repeatedly tried touching me, and played with my hair? he'd greet me with "hey cutie" or something like that. One time he told me I looked sexy. Another day he picked up my cellphone and said "i'm going to call my phone from yours so that I have your number". he'd always ask me for rides home as well. One day I was wearing a dress and everytime he walked by me, he whistled. He asked me why i wasso "slicked up" and told me I could make a man's heart stop wearing that. When it was time to go home, he was standing out in front of my car smoking..( he never smokes over there) and asked again why i looked so "slicked up" and said I looked really good. He also did little things like walk by and poke me with a pen or somthing or just come up and talk to me for no reason. My desk at work is..



Sexual harrassment?

That is definitely sexual harassment, the touching definitely takes it beyond the "line", even before that it was a pretty good case for it. I know this because I have been accused with a lot less than what that guy did, so don't feel bad, you definitely did the right thing in this situation.



Sexual harrassment?

I think sexual harrassment should be defined as inappropriate uninvited touching, and just calling you sexy or asking for a lift isnt enough to call it harrassment. But I do think he's a creep and you should stay away from him.



Sexual harrassment?

Girl that is so OMG! you need to get the law in this he is a grown man and you are a CHILD that is sooo nasty!! have u told ur parents



Sexual harrassment?

yes it was and thank god for you that he got fired because god only knows what he would have done.



Sexual harrassment?

yes, that was a big deal,because you don't know what could of happened! RAPE , MURDER!



Sexual harrassment?

report him to the company you work for you should not have to put up with that kind of treatment, if the company dont stop him lawsuit on him and the company!



Sexual harrassment?

If you didn't like it then it was a big deal. And he is 36 he could have a daughter your age and that gross, so he deserved what he got for that.



Sexual harrassment?

well personally i didn't see anything u wrote that looked bad enough to be fired for, but if u felt like he was harassing u then he was harassing u.



Sexual harrassment?

did you feel uncomfortable by his actions and words??? then it was sexual harrassment... and yes you can be sacked...



if you enjoyed the attention, then you should have taken it further... ;)



Sexual harrassment?

well in the company I work for that is deemed Sexual Harassment. But remember that the law defines it as UNWANTED sexual advances. THEREFORE if you were enjoying what he was doing, it wasn't harassment. Note: termination should have only ensued as a direct result of your complaint. So whoever "observed" his behavior and was not a target of his advances really had no right to say anything. He probably was terminated because of another complaint.



You're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy. Welcome to the real world.



**************************************...



In response to the asker's additional comment:



**************************************...



OH AND BY THE WAY...FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO THINK MY ANSWER IS IDIOTIC...I've seen a great many people at my job who wave the "sexual harrassment" flag and end up marrying/dating the dumb-azz. So therefore, I play both sides of the coin. It's real talk...Girlfriend, YOU should have reported this mess a long time ago instead of jumpin on here and asking for the opinions of others who aren't even participants or even witnesses to the situation.



HENCE...my response. There are are lil girls running around that enjoy that type of stuff....AND YOU YOURSELF said "maybe he was complimenting me?" Come the f u c k on dude.



If you don't like the way someone is treating you on the job...SPEAK THE HELL UP.



Sexual harrassment?

What he did was inappropriate, but you make no mention of asking him to stop or saying anything so he had no reason to believe you found it unappealing (nor do you mention he was aware you are still a minor).



You should've spoken up immediately and/or reported it to your superior, who would've talked to him about his behavior. He should know better but some people let flirting get out of hand and if they get no negative reaction, they feel it's an okay to continue.



Next time, don't sit quietly and let it go on if you don't like it...and if you do like it then speak to the person so they don't lose their job over it (due to someone else observing it and reporting them).

No comments:

Post a Comment